An update

I feel bad that our blog is still asking for prayers. Don't get me wrong, we always need prayers. But the bar exam is behind us and we're waiting on results. We are still praying for a passing score. They should be available in a couple weeks and then Jake will be official...again. We'll keep everyone posted.

In the meantime, I have been taking photos but have yet to get them on the computer yet. That will come. I've been very uninspired lately and I think it's because I need to change my outlook on this whole blogging thing. It shouldn't be all about cute pictures of the kids...though that definitely adds interest. I think to be a true account of our family, all these weeks of trial and frustrations should be documented too...right?

Kate has been growing by leaps and bounds lately. She's trying to talk a lot more...calling around the house for the kids in the morning when she wakes up or wandering around looking for them when she wants to play. She's gotten several more teeth and eats everything in sight. She also got a haircut. I was sick of her pulling the pony tail on top of her head out to allow her bangs to cover her eyes so I gave in and cut bangs. Well, now she just has a mullet...so we'll need to cut a bit more off the back. It's so amazing how much a haircut can change someone's face! She looks so different! (Again...pictures to come.)

The kids have been having a ton of fun, between the new neighbors and Matt and family's visit. My brother, Matt, and his family visited last week from Minnesota and my kids loved playing with his kids. We never actually let the kids sleep together, but there's something exciting about knowing that the moment you wake up, there will be a playmate there.

Some new neighbors moved in across the street...to the same house where my best friend growing up lived. It's so funny to have my kids sneaking across the street to see their friends, the same way I did...to the same house! We've had a lot of fun getting to know them and having lots of playdates...or playdays!

Sydney is still slowly potty training, but making progress. Jackson has mostly given up his thumb, though occasionally I see him catch himself doing it. He's been trying really hard and I'm proud of him. Both will start preschool in a few weeks and Jackson will play soccer and Sydney will take dance. If the nights work out, she might play a soccer session for "Little Kickers" to introduce her to the game. I really don't want to fall into the trap of not letting her play sports because I want her to take dance and gymnastics. I want them all to try everything.

Jake and I are trudging along...constantly searching for the perfect job and dreaming about the weeks, months and years to come.

Comments

Seriously... said…
hooray you're alive! I've been trying to call you a ton this week and I always get your voice mail (and I never leave you a message, mostly because i'm really bad about checking my voicemail, so I assume everyone else is too). Nothing too exciting here. We decided to move to a new rental. Closer commute, good ward, good schools, one more bedroom, big back yard....i figure maybe that will tide me over (is that right..."tide" me over?) until next summer when we maybe can get a loan to buy. we'll see.
Skousen # 4 said…
Good luck with the job hunt. We miss you guys and can't wait to see pictures of the kids.
pmkennedy said…
We have been hoping and praying for you guys. Heard the news on the job offer - how exciting!!! You're in our prayers, hopefully you can feel it. Love and miss you!
michelle and peter

Popular Posts