Big J Turns FIVE

In February, our big guy, Jackson, turned 5! Some days it seems like he's so much older than that and yet, I still can't believe how fast he's growing up.

Things Jackson has assured me he can do now that he's 5: buckle his seatbelt and Sydney's in the car, finish his own drink at Sonic (not a shared one with Sydney), sleep without the bathroom light on, shoot bb guns with daddy (actually, he thought he should be allowed to shoot without daddy, but I assured him that 5 years was NOT old enough for that), pick his own clothes to get dressed, put on his own socks, ride the bike daddy bought him last year, reach the cups on the top shelf in the cupboard.... and the list is updated every day.

Why I'm excited Jackson is 5: He is such a big help with his sisters and the dog, he tries really hard to do good things to surprise me, he can tell when I'm getting stressed and all of the sudden becomes really responsible, still has the most tender heart and loves hugs and kisses from me, he loves taking Sydney on adventures and they play for hours...and my list gets longer every day.
The cake Jake made...awesome again!!
The friends all gathered to partake of the cake!
The friends all gathered to "help" open the gifts!
Jackson super pleased with his superhero toys!
All of the kids finally coming down from the frosting high, watching Spider-Man.

Comments

Skousen # 4 said…
What a fun party. I will have to get used to the boy birthdays after all my girls. What a great cake.

Popular Posts