syney sousen

Sweet little Sydney (Syney Sousen, as she calls herself) turned THREE! Three years ago today we were here, in Missouri, welcoming our baby girl to our family. Her birth was surrounded by a lot of anxiety because she had some issues early on...issues that were completely normal for the child of a diabetic, but were new to us since Jackson's birth was pretty un-normal for the child of a diabetic. Three years later, and there is still a certain degree of anxiety around Sydney, but it's due to her antics. This year she cut her own hair...inspiring a very short pixie cut, and she got 7 stitches following a fight she lost with a very sharp wood chisel. There were other highs and lows, but all in all, Sydney is all heart. She is such a cuddly, sweet girl and we adore her. She is very dramatic, often throwing herself to the floor and wailing when things don't go her way, but she also is the first to jump into my lap, throw her arms around me and declare her love for me...several times a day. I'm sure she will be very affectionate with her boyfriends...we're going to have to keep a close eye on that girl!

This year for her party, we had another princess party...as Sydney is the quintessential princess. My dad took several pictures of Sydney at her party and we have a lot of video of Sydney caressing the Barbie's face telling her how beautiful she is, but here are some preliminary pics of the birthday set up.

And here is Sydney putting make-up on her dad...proving what a good, patient daddy he is!

Comments

Celeste said…
Jake is such a good sport. I can't believe she's 3! Before you know it she'll be 23
So, you know all those messages I left telling you to post pictures of the cake you frosted...I see now you did...a long time ago. I'm a little slow...actually a lot. :) Anyways, I LOVE it!! Looks so cute. Wish we could have been there. I miss you tons!
pmkennedy said…
She is adorable - what a great picture!! I can see both of you more clearly in her face as she grows - she'll be a beauty, and the pixie cut works somehow :) Maybe she was destined to be a hair stylist like her mother :) Hope Jake did well on the bar - we're all thinking about and praying for you guys!!

Popular Posts