Mommy look...

I cut my hair! Harrowing words for any mother to hear from her 2 year old daughter with scissors in her hand. Sydney has always had super straight, wispy hair, but we usually kept it looking cute and girly. Well, she took care of that. I'm very proud of myself. I didn't yell...I was really just sad. I started to get a little teary and Jake immediately asked about my blood sugar, assuming that I had to be low to be so sad about this event he found so hilarious. I assured him my blood sugar was fine, I was just mourning the loss of my girly girl who loves pigtails and curlers. If it weren't for dang Gilmore Girls, this never would have happened! Jake and I were in the SAME ROOM with Sydney while she did this. I was watching Gilmore Girls and trying to explain to Jake why the Gilmore Girls are so wonderful. Sydney is very stealthy and snuck in and cut her hair all under our radar. I can't really blame Sydney...she sees me cutting my own hair all the time...and the hair of everyone else in the house. It was only a matter of time. It definitely could have been worse. Those are the things I keep telling myself. The resulting look isn't that bad...it's kinda cute actually...right?!
The carnage


Mom is NOT happy

Trying to fix it

Happy, cute girl...who will wear very girly clothes so no one asks how old my son is!

Comments

HIJK Skousen said…
Nice!!! Good thing for Sydney is that you could never mistake her for a boy because she is so feminine looking. She looks darling still. She is probably exactly the age Kayla was when she had her mishap. It is now FINALLY grown out (because I cut like 4 inches off her hair). Gotta love kids and scissors :).
wirigendo said…
Where in the hell are you guys. I thought you were coming to the bay area. We get to the area...no Skousens.

We need you here NOW!!!
Pattie said…
I am so SORRY but she is cute as ever i bet her hair will thicken up alot now... congratulations on boards. where are you headed now.
Skousen # 4 said…
Every Moms worst fear for there kids hair. I am waiting for the day that it is one of my kids. Now we are the only Skousen family without a hair cut problem. Only Sydney could have her hair cut that short and still be beautiful. Cant wait to see her.
krysta said…
Too funny! I am loving her cute short cut. Well done. Darn Gilmore Girls. They are just too engaging. I miss them.
Colleen said…
congrats jake on the boards that is awesome. sydney is still adorable. short hair is great. i love it so cute.
Seriously... said…
I think her new haircut looks super cute, and she still looks very girly, so I wouldn't worry. I have not checked my cell messages (i just noticed tonight I have 13). So I will check them...I will call you soon. We've just had so much family in town I haven't been by myself much. Anyway.....hopefully we'll see you soon, and congratulations to Jake! that's awesome (and such a relief to have behind you!)
Unknown said…
What a cute sweetheart. We were equally devistated after our first girl did that to herself, and then a sister did it to another, and by the time the fourth did it, its just life ... and then the fifth, and then the sixth. (Of course, Wendy did it WITHOUT scissors!!). We're SO thrilled with Jacob passing the bar, WONDERFUL!--Mom and dad
Skousen # 4 said…
I updated me Thanksgiving blog just for you.
Plewe Fam said…
You definitely turned that little mistake around - what a cute haircut! I dread having a girl, what would I do if I couldn't just buzz their heads when all else fails? They're lucky to have a talented mommy.
Jennifer said…
That is so cute. I'm sorry, but it is. When I was little, I cut my hair, but I took the scissors right to the root of my hair and cut so consider yourself lucky. She looks adorable with her new hair.
Celeste said…
Hey...how 'bout an update...!!! I need your address so i can send your Christmas card...email me at celestegrover(at)gmail(dot)com
pmkennedy said…
Jen, you are such a great mom! I can clearly see Laurie cutting her hair that short and I don't know if I would've taken it as well as you did. This will be a tale to tell for years to come. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Love ya

Popular Posts