pumpkins!!

The kids are still a bit young for the pumpkin carving thing. They do have all those great little safety saws and things these days, but kids and cutting implements...especially MY kids, well, not always a good mix. Along with that, they both have strong opinions how they want their pumpkin to look in the end. Jackson especially is a perfectionist and gets very frustrated when he has a picture in his mind and what he draws or carves or whatever doesn't look right. He's very hard on himself. Anyway...this is where Jake and I step in. They kids decided what they wanted...Sydney=puppy, Jackson=werewolf (he's been SUPER obsessed with werewolves since he saw a 5 minute clip of Harry Potter 3 when Lupin turns into the werewolf). Jake took on the puppy project and I hunted on the internet for a werewolf for Jackson.

Sydney with her puppy

Braden with his Frankenstein and Jackson with his werewolf

All lit up!

Hello. Is it me you're looking for? Carved by Jake, of course.

ps...I did carve a little pumpkin for Kate on Halloween but she was asleep for these festivities. And after carving the werewolf, I was burned out and my pumpkin was never pierced. Maybe I will make some pumpkin roll with it.

Comments

Seriously... said…
1.) mmmm...pumpkin roll
2.) i LOVE the lionel pumpkin. LOVE IT.
3.) remember the pumpkin from our dorm room???
4.) you did a really good job on the wolf pumpkin. I am so burned out after getting the guts out I carve the pumpkins in about 3 seconds flat.
Rebekah said…
Nice job on the pumpkins!

Popular Posts