Ode to an empty plate

A few weeks ago, our neighbor brought over some AMAZING cookies. A week ago I made those cookies and planned to take a picture and blog about them so I could share the recipe with you, my friends and family. (Those who haven't given up on checking this blog since I never post!) But alas, the cookies were SO TASTY, the picture never happened...but for your sake I will not wait another day to share the recipe with you.

Oh empty plate of crumbs, how I wish you were still full of Gooey Butter Cookies.

Gooey Butter Cookies

1/2 c. butter (room temp)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (room temp)
1 box butter recipe cake mix
powdered sugar for dipping

Beat butter, vanilla, egg, and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Mix in dry cake mix. Chill for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray (I didn't do this as I bake on silicone baking mats). Drop by teaspoonfuls in a bowl of powdered sugar, roll into balls. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 3-4 dozen. (Unless, like Jake and I, you eat about a dozen worth of the dough.)

You're welcome.

Comments

Colleen said…
thanks jen. my stomach hip and thighs say thank you.
Seriously... said…
those sound great. might even make them tonight (once kiddos go to bed that is...)
Allison said…
Sounds like the gooey butter cake we grew up eating in st. Louis. Yummy!

Popular Posts