Happy Birthday Jen!

Happy Birthday Jen!

Today is Jen's 29th birthday, for the fifth time. It started exactly as she and I had planned: with lots of sleep. And she needs it. Our kids keep her very busy. With any luck, today will also be the day we learn whether she and kids can destroy their own house, not Grandma & Grandpa's house (in other words, we should be finalizing a home loan sometime today).

I often tell Jen how amazing she is. But on her birthday, I want to announce it for all to hear. She is infinitely patient with me and the kids. We've been living in stressful circumstances for over a year and she is still all smiles and positive about the future. Just when I think her brain is getting mushy from dealing with kids all day, she snaps into a conversation about accounting and inventory with her dad, and I'm left in the dust, covertly thumbing my finance dictionary to figure out what she was talking about. At night, as soon as the baby monitor crackles with any sort of whimpering, she rockets from deep sleep to instant, attentive mother. She may even bed down for the rest of the night in the kids room to comfort them; either that, or I snore more than I thought. Though I freely admit my bias, I really think she has some of the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.
She is getting more and more beautiful with age. When a hair cut is upcoming, she asks what she should do next. My reference point is always her eyes. What can we do that will frame her beautiful eyes?

She's been dreaming of pursuing graphic design lately. And she'd be good at it too. I think we're within mere months of beginning that new adventure. It's her natural designer's eye that also makes a wonderful home. She recently made some blankets that are cute (and I say that, hoping my manhood is intact). The kids are well dressed and happy. They love her. And though they run to me when I get home from work, they want her when they are hurt or sad. She is everything to her kids, even when Grandma & Grandpa Jorgensen are so close.

My ramblings are random because Jen is an overwhelming influence on me and everything I do. It's hard to separate her influence from everything else because she is so influential. And I love it that way. Perhaps that's what I do know very clearly: I love her. And I love all that she has done to my world (including ironing my shirt and pants - thanks - today's choice was nice). So, here's to Jen's latest successful year, another batch of priceless memories, and - most importantly - an eternity to come with the woman I love! (And married, because: Mom, I love you, but we're not married; and, Sydney, I know I say we can get married, but you have to grow up and find your own husband. Until then, I'll be your boyfriend.)

Comments

Rebekah said…
Happy Birthday Jen! I have ownly known you Jen for a few short months, but she has been such a wonderful friend! Always there when I need her, and will come over in a moments notice with sonic and a listening ear (Nathan told me he called you guys that one night...) It is amazing that she has been able to be such a great friend when she has a million other things she takes care of too! Hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!
Rebekah said…
Now if you can ONLY help me learn to spell...
Tricia said…
Awww! Such a sweet message to such a great person! Jen, you really are amazing!
Seriously... said…
woo hoo for Jen! she's influential in my life too. I'm so glad we were matched up to be roomies freshman year (even if you're not from montana). I could go on and on ALL DAY about jen.....but my kids are neglected enough. Miss you jen! congrats on everything! you don't look a day older than 32. :)
NYCmom said…
Thanks ladies...and thanks to my awesome husband! I do love him and am grateful for such great friends! Lucky me!!! :)

Popular Posts