advent

I know you were wondering what we finally did with all our 8 lbs. of leftover Halloween candy. Honestly, it sat in a Ziploc bag on top of the china cabinet for a month or so. But a week ago I realized I hadn't yet made the elaborate advent calendar I've been planning since last year after seeing this on my friend's blog. So I set out looking for some fun, simple homemade ideas. Not finding what I was looking for, I headed to the dollar store for inspiration. I came home with curly ribbon. Not helpful. Then I found some cellophane bags in the closet that I had big plans for (that never happened) and low and behold, there were 25 bags. So I decided to put some candy in each bag, one to be opened every day. Here's what I came up with...and yes, all the candy is recycled from Halloween. :)

Most of the bags contain 3 of the same candy but a few are assorted. Notice, I did use the curling ribbon

Each bag had a large number inside and were hung randomly on the garland.

Jackson loved helping me hang the bags on the garland

Final product, though I'm contemplating a couple red bows or something. You get the idea though.

Though not nearly as cute or heirloom-y as Brooke's, it's still a lot of fun and very cheap! I'm sure the kids will love it and we'll do it again...maybe even after I do the other one :)

Comments

Seriously... said…
i love that! I just put our calendar up but have yet to put candy in it. I'm a little candy-ed out from the plane flight :) can't wait to hear about the house!
coco

Popular Posts