In less than 30 hours...

Some of you may have clicked on the title of this post on your blog readers thinking this would be a post about the "Twilight" movie. Of course I'm excited about that and I'll probably see it sometime this weekend. But infinitely more important than that...tomorrow marks a momentous day for Jake and our family.

You may remember this post. Yes, even though Jake finished law school in May and studied and took the bar exam in July, TOMORROW is results day. California consistently tops the charts for the number of people taking the bar exam. Part of that has to do with the fact that they allow you to take it over and over until you pass and since it has the lowest passage rate in the nation (therefore we deduce it is the hardest) they take FOUR, that's right FOUR months to get the results out. SO...tomorrow is results day. Tomorrow, everyone that took the California Bar Exam will be trying to log onto this one website all at the same time to see whether their name is on the list of those that passed. To top that, there is a disclaimer on that one website that says that the results on that website should not be relied on and that the only verifiable answer is sent in the mail. (Those letters go in the mail tomorrow too.) In fact, we've heard two stories of friends who looked at the website on the day they were to find out and their names weren't there yet when they checked again later, their names were on the list. So if Jake's name isn't on the list tomorrow, I will still hold a small ember of hope and await the letter in the mail. (And continue to check the website every 20 minutes or so!)

Anyway, I just wanted to take this chance, BEFORE results were posted, to congratulate Jake on all his hard work! I'm so proud of him for all he has accomplished over the past few years. If he doesn't pass the bar this time, he'll retake it in February. (UGH--and study that big stack all over again!) Not the best case scenario, but doable. I actually feel really good about all of it and I'm really excited to check the website tomorrow because I'm confident that Jake's name will be on the list. If Jake is not yet fit to practice law in California, it's only because the examiners couldn't meet him. If you've met Jake, you know he's perfect for the job. His intellect and engaging personality make him ideal for this profession. I just hope they don't make him take this stupid test again to prove it!

We're behind you 100% either way babe! x0x0x0x0

Comments

Pam Jorgensen said…
After reading that all I wanted to do was yell out "YEAH, you go Jake!"...so I did! We're proud of him too!

Can't wait to see y'all NEXT MONTH!! Heeheehee...I'm giddy with excitement!
Laura said…
I belive his name will be on the list!!! Way to go all of you. You all have worked and sacraficed so much it's time to be rewarded.
Celeste said…
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - although I don't think it will be necessary smartie-pants! Keep us posted!
I hope you let us know right away when you find out!! We are so excited to hear. FINALLY, the wait is over. :)
HIJK Skousen said…
Good luck Jake and Jen. The day has arrived. We are hoping for the BEST for you guys. I just can't believe they make you wait so long to find out the results. Crazy California! Keeps us posted and we will be very anxious to hear. Love ya!

Popular Posts