So blessed

I really do feel so blessed. In the wake of Kate's arrival we have been showered with love and support. My mom was supposed to be here for the birth to take care of Jackson and Sydney but with the early induction, she missed it by a few days. Luckily, my wonderful friends here in Brooklyn quickly stepped in and took the kids from sunrise till well after sunset.

Since then, we've had several meals brought to us from neighbors and friends. We've gotten packages and presents and phone calls...all this attention to remind us we're loved when we're feeling overwhelmed and tired.

My mom and niece came and helped us so much in this transition. That was such a blessing. Sydney is still calling for Grandma and Aryn every morning from her bed. We miss them!

And finally, my amazing husband and kids. Jake has done so much in the past few weeks to help out above and beyond school and studying. Today he took the kids on errands and to the park so I could have some time to myself and tonight he's having a slumber party in the living room with Jackson on the blow up bed. He's a great dad and a great husband.

So to all of you who've contributed...even if it's just a friendly comment on this blog...thank you! Your thoughts and love are felt and truly appreciated.

Comments

Pam Jorgensen said…
You can thank people better by adding more pics of Kate!

I'm jealous that Aryn got to come help and I didn't. Boo Hoo

Wish I could do more for you...Although I still am secretly praying that you'll end up in San Diego and not San Fran.
Cheryl J. said…
Hey Jen...Sign into blogger at this link:

http://draft.blogger.com/home

This is where you can try out beta things on blogger like the list I have on my page that tells when certain blogs are updated.

Let me know if you have any troubles!

Popular Posts