Two weeks old


Kate is now two weeks old. It's hard to believe she's been here that long. Perhaps that's because she is such a quiet baby. We never hear from her until meal time. Usually, she's just sleeping or quietly gazing around the room. When she is asleep and starts dreaming, she often opens here eyes and moves her arms as though she were awake. Jake loves it ("Ooooo, psycho, voo doo baby!" ) Apparently the temporary paralysis of the dreaming state hasn't kicked in yet. We might have a sleepwalker on our hands. By way of a status report, she's almost back up to her birth weight of 8 lbs, 13 oz, her mommy adapter (umbilical cord) has thankfully departed, she doesn't follow objects with her eyes yet - but she seems close, she sleeps best in her swing (no surprise there), and otherwise remains a cute but "useless" (Jake's term) bump. "Pick up your own binkie!" Jake playfully orders with a grin on his face. He couldn't be more loving with her.

Having my mom and niece, Aryn, here has sort of left me feeling like I'm in an alternate universe. I'm not doing any of my normal-life stuff...which is good in a lot of ways. It's been nice to be able to concentrate most of my efforts on Kate and adjusting to life with 3 kids (and getting some extra sleep during the day)! I don't know that I've prepared any sort of proper meal in all the time since the baby. I'm not missing the work either. But when life returns and we can all get back to the normal life (as though 3 kids in NYC even approached normal), it'll be a nice break from all this excitement. Until things settle down, having mom and Aryn here is such a blessing. They are a huge help.

Jackson and Sydney are adjusting well. They really love Kate and always want to hold her. They seem to have grown from the experience too. Sydney doesn't play the "baby" much anymore. Maybe that's temporary - hopefully not. Both kids seem to go off and play, leaving me and Kate to eat and relax.

Here are a few pics of Grandma Jorgensen & Kate. It's been so wonderful to have my mom here with us. The kids love her so much and she's helped us out a ton. We're so blessed that she has the flexible schedule and means to come be with us at such a fun time.

Comments

Cheryl J. said…
I LOVE THE PICTURES! Thanks for updating the blog Jen. It's fun to see Mom and Aryn with cute Kate.

You'll have to show Mom my blog. I just updated it with a few things about our Miss Brooke :-)
She's looking so cute! Hopefully she sleeps through the night, but she sounds like a good baby.
Doney Days said…
She's so dang cute! I'm glad you've had your mom around to help. 3 kids wasn't hard for me in the beginning, but it was a few months later. I'm not trying to scare you. Gavin is just a hard kid and has had MANY ear infections, acid reflux, exzema, Croup twice, tubes in his ears, etc... So I don't think any of that helped.

So I laughed right out loud when you thought Missy's baby was mine! That's freakin' hilarious! But we are starting to think about #4. I would really like a spring baby, so that would mean I'd have to get prego in July or August (ish). So we'll see.

Popular Posts