Sun dresses




I'll admit it. I'm not much of a seamstress, although I'd love to be. But I have found a very satisfying project. These dresses are pretty easy to make...in fact, I finished both of them in 2 short evenings. That's saying a lot for me since I have several unfinished projects floating around the house. But for now, I'm a success because my girls went to church on Sunday in home made dresses. And just for now...I won't think about the unfinished things in the recesses of the closet.

Comments

Celeste said…
Those are ADORABLE!!! I LOVE that fabric!!! Where'd you get the pattern?
Seriously... said…
Jen...those are really really cute!!! What a fabulous mom you are :) Are those the pillowcase sundresses? (i've seen some people do those...) or is it from "scratch"?
April said…
They looked super cute on Sunday. I am jealous that you make them so quickly. We need to meet up this week. Before you are off to your moms.
Pam Jorgensen said…
So cute...what kind of gathering did you do at the top?

you're my hero!
NYCmom said…
Hi gals! The fabric was purchased at JoAnn's in Michigan. It's a collection baring some man's name. I'll have to let you know if I find it. I didn't use a pattern. A girl in my ward taught us how to make them at Enrichment Sewing Club. It's super easy...you just use regular thread on top and elastic thread in the bobbin. You do have to loosen the tension on your machine a bit and I think it works better with a longer stitch. Then you just sew straight lines (10-15) and finish the edges. On these I used grosgrain ribbon for the straps but you could make your own from the fabric or use bias tape as well. If you want more details I'll be happy to share.
Deb said…
Those dresses are so cute! You are quite domestic...way to go!

Popular Posts