Kate's Blessing







We blessed Kate on Sunday, June 1. It was a perfect day. Jake's dad, my dad, and our brother-in-law, Peter, were there to participate. (Along with both our moms, Michelle, Wendy, Julie, MaryAnn, Josh , Liz, Christian, Laureana, and Gabriel...all there for moral support and pictures.) Jake gave a beautiful blessing and Kate wore the dress I was blessed in 31 years ago (and Jake wondered why it was a little yellowed!) She looked beautiful! Her hair is just so fantastic. I really love it.

After the blessing, we all went on a walk down to the park between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. The weather was gorgeous and we enjoyed a fun picnic overlooking the East River and the Manhattan skyline. After lunch we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was such a fun, memorable afternoon. I'm excited to show Kate pictures and tell her all about it when she grows up.

Comments

Skousen # 4 said…
I can't believe how much she is growing up. I think she looks a lot like a Skousen baby. Your kids are so beautiful I can't wait to see them.
Deb said…
Jen, your little family is so cute! I love to see pictures!!
Pam Jorgensen said…
Your little family isn't so little anymore! You look so great! I'm so excited to see y'all so soon! Take care of my Mitchell...I miss him!

Popular Posts