Gifts I LOVE

I never got to share some of the wonderful presents I got for my birthday and Christmas. They're worth sharing too!

This first one is a necklace Jake MADE me for my birthday! These are big, chocolate pearls that Jake bought here and then tied them together himself! If you look at the closeup picture, there is a tiny knot in between each pearl. It's hard to do and takes a long time, but my sister-in-law, Connie, taught him to do it and he painstakingly endured the process. It turned out beautifully!




This cook book was a collaborative effort. My sister-in-law, Cheryl, compiled recipes from everyone in the family and put together this cook book for us. It has all my mom's favorite recipes in it along with each individual family's favorites.



My mom and Brad's family each gave me a cook book for Christmas. My mom gave me the "Deceptively Delicious" one which has kid-friendly recipes that are healthy. The Cookies book...well, let's just say, it's not so healthy...but AMAZING!!! I'll post some of my favorites as I make them. They are so creative and yummy. Of course they are...it's Martha!!!

And last but certainly not least, my new enameled dutch oven. So far it has cooked some amazing roast beef and tender pork ribs. I'm anxious to make some of Heidi's Crusty, No Knead Bread (from the Jorgensen Family Cook Book) but I have to figure out what to do about the handle of the dutch oven. The bread needs to be cooked at 500 degrees and the handle is only good up to 400. I just need to think of something to put over the hole if I take the handle off. Any ideas?? The bread is definitely worth figuring this one out.

Comments

Skousen # 4 said…
That looks so good. We miss you guys.
Seriously... said…
1.) i love the jorgensen family cook book too!
2.) i want a dutch oven
3.) jake can tie me a pearl necklace any time....

I keep feeling like i'm going to find the name of my baby in the "word verification" area (where you type the word to leave the comment). My word right now is "sprife".
Celeste said…
Go Jake! That's quite the undertaking.
Unknown said…
Hi Jen! The handle should screw off. Match that to a screw (check Jacob's brain drawer since the bar exam), or take the handle to Home Depot, and screw it in the hole.

love,
dad S

Popular Posts