Happy 2009

Ever since I can remember, 4th of July and New Years Eve has been spent with the O'Loughlins...whenever I've been in Moberly, that is. Well, this year we were lucky enough to spend New Years Eve eating lots of yummy food with dear family and friends, the O'Loughlins, and rang in 2009, blowing up pop bottle bombs. Sydney and Kate weathered the late night well, Jackson did not...thus the crying picture with me. He slipped on the wood floor with his socks and a melt-down ensued. We all lived and are happy to be starting a New Year. On the docket for 2009: Jake catches up with me and turns 32, Jackson turns FOUR, Kate turns ONE, Sydney turns THREE, I will turn thirty three (the lower case letters were intentional), we will move SOMEWHERE, SOME TIME, we'll probably buy a car (or minivan), maybe even a washer and dryer (I know, a novel idea!!!), Jake will get a new job, I will hopefully start a masters program, Kate will learn to walk and talk, Jackson will probably learn to read and improve his writing, Sydney will learn to write...probably better than Jackson just to spite him, we'll learn to budget our money and save our money, and we'll decide whether or not to have baby #4 sometime in 2010. (That's not an announcement or any sort of committment...just a mention that we'll be thinking about it!) But most of all, we're going to enjoy this year and have more fun together as a family.



Comments

Celeste said…
Sounds like it'll be a busy year!! A stop in Utah to visit friends might also be on your list....
Skousen # 4 said…
Great pictures. We miss you guys so much. I hope once you are settled somewhere we can come and visit.
Cheryl J. said…
Okay Jen...I love the pictures! Everyone looks so adorable. I just have one question...Why is dad wearing my ski coat...LOL j/k...I'm gonna post a picture of my ladies coat...you be the judge ;-)

Here's the link for comparison:

http://cheryljorgensen.blogspot.com/2009/01/does-dads-coat-look-pretty-close-to.html
NYCmom said…
That is actually MY old ski coat...so yes it is a women's coat! I left it here one winter because I wasn't using it because we're too poor to ski and he started wearing it! :)
Pam Jorgensen said…
I like this post Jen...it will be fun to see, what of all that happens the way you say.

Carson played Bakugan with Jackson today...I heard the conversation while he played alone in his new room. It was cute! Sorry Jackson didn't tell you he came over. ;)
wirigendo said…
I have axed this question with no response from you: When the hell you guys getting out here? I want Jake's analysis of current events and would like to know where he got the cool Che t-shirt.
Carrie Anne said…
great to finally catch up on your blog! i've been such a slacker! that cake looks so good! i want a piece right now! happy belated bday! i have so many same thoughts/ feeling about 2009!!! here's to a great year!:)

Popular Posts