a quilt for kate...a year in the making

While I was pregnant with Kate, one Saturday afternoon I conned Jake and the kids into a fabric hunting trip to Purl Patchwork in SoHo. I sweetened the deal for the kids and included a trip to Peanut Butter & Co. for lunch...gourmet PB&J's, carrot sticks, and chocolate shakes served with a curly straw...YUM!

Anyway, I was anxious to make a quilt for the little girl in my tummy, who at the time was nameless. I'm sure many of you can relate to the feeling that you need to be doing something while you're pregnant to prepare for the new baby, but after just having Sydney, it seemed like we were ready in most respects for baby. So a quilt seemed in order. I get to use my creative, sewing talents (using that term very loosely) and baby gets a blanket. Win win.

Well, Kate just won. I finished the quilt top before she arrived and then folded it up and tucked it away to finish later. Much later. A year later, to be exact. I'm really pleased with how it turned out though. I just wish I wouldn't have waited so long. I'm a HORRIBLE procrastinator.



Comments

Celeste said…
OH JEN!!! That is GORGEOUS! I LOVE that fabric...I visit their website almost daily...he he he! You did such a good job. That totally motivates me to finish the one I've been working on for about a year too - eek!
Pam Jorgensen said…
That's beautiful Jen! And yes, you have talent!
Cheryl J. said…
Adorable quilt Jen! I am sooo impressed! At least someone inherited Mom's sewing skills!
Colleen said…
oh that is so cute. i love it. hey jen how can i get a copy of the recipe book of your family. the one that you talked about at christmas? i tried the potato recipe at grandma's at easter that kathy made. so yummy. here is my email address. coco26@comcast.net

Popular Posts