Sydney's 4th Birthday...a LOT belated!

Here are a few pics from sweet little Sydney's 4th Birthday in July. She wanted a rainbow and unicorn party...so Jake, not wanting to be too cliche (although for a 4 year old, I think cliche is acceptable) made this awesome tie dyed cake. Syd loved it! Especially the THICK frosting.
Notice the kitchen torch used to light the candles. Some were completely melted by the time the wick would stay lit!

The pint-sized party goers...Braden, Kate, Jackson, Charlie (neighbor), Aryn, Sydney & Gracie (neighbor). They had a ton of fun...but I don' think I'm going to be able to get away with these low-key family parties much longer. Eventually I will have to have an all-out, friend birthday...especially since Jackson has had 2 now!
Sydney is our sweet, affectionate, little devil. She is constantly vying for attention and affection through cuddles, hugs and kisses. I hear "I love you mommy" from her several times a day...though often times I think it's to make up for the mischief she's been making. She makes messes faster than anyone and she does super-naughty things like cutting her own hair, cutting Kate's hair, and cutting pretty much anything else...my little pony's hair, barbie hair, ribbons, ties, tights...you name it. I try desperately to keep scissors away from her but she's old enough and crafty enough to find them. She'll even use nail clippers in a pinch.

Sydney is a smart girl! I will be working with her and Jackson on letters and sounds and she will pick up on them as fast or faster than Jackson. Her teachers tell me she has an amazingly long attention span for her age, which will hopefully serve her well. She is really determined and independent and tries and tries till she figures things out.

I love our little Sydney. It will be so fun to watch this one grow and develop into a strong, intelligent woman. I just hope her need for affection doesn't result in a few dead boyfriends when her dad catches her kissing them!

Comments

Rebekah said…
That's a pretty cool cake, how did you do it? Or how did Jake do it?

Popular Posts