Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

For the school's "Shade Out Drugs" Red Ribbon Week, all of the students made anti-smoking posters. During parent teacher conferences, the parents got a chance to vote on their favorite poster with no names (thus the "2" on Jackson's poster). Well, my little creative guy won first place in his class AND the grand prize for the whole school! He got 2 certificates, a water bottle, some sun glasses, a book mark, and a special bagel snack! (What more could a 5-year-old want?)

If you look carefully at the poster, there's quite a story behind it. In the bottom left, you see a guy throwing a cigarette in a trash can with a girl below him. Just above that, it shows the guy and the girl together with a heart in the middle because she loves him now that he's not smoking. (I got this all from his explanation...it's not completely self-explanatory!) I also really like the good lungs, bad lungs pictures. I think with Jackson's anxiety I probably won't have to worry about him smoking...he would worry too much about the color of his lungs!

I'm so grateful for these little victories that help boost his confidence.

Comments

Rebekah said…
I love his poster, I would have voted for it too! He is so creative, I love the two people falling in love because the guy doesn't smoke.
Anonymous said…
Not only did he win, I found his picture in the Monitor- Index yesterday....way to go Jackson!!!

Mary

Popular Posts