Saucy!

This
plus this
plus this
equals this.

Last week I convinced my mom that we needed to make some chili sauce. Chili sauce is a tradition in both the Skousen and Jorgensen/Plewe families. If you don't know about chili sauce, you're really missing out. It's a rich, sweet, savory, tomato-based condiment that tastes good on most meat and or course, in chili. I really like to use it on top of taco salad instead of salsa. We had planned to make chili sauce this fall at the beginning of the summer when she planted a bunch of tomato plants but we got very few tomatoes because of all the rain and lots of deer. (Not to mention my little munchkins picking everything when it was little and green.) SO we had to BUY tomatoes, which seems a little sacreligious in the Skousen world of chili-sauce-making, but desperate times call for desperate measures. So now we have our chili sauce and we're ready for winter. :)

Comments

Cheryl J. said…
I'm jealous...Can you spare a jar ;-)

Popular Posts