Lazy Snowy Day

It's snowing here today. It's not the soft, light, pillowy snow, but the wet, hard, sleety snow. So I quarantined us to the house today. The kids are trying to get over colds and I don't really have the proper shoes for this wet weather.

So the funny part about this day is that we've been playing hide-and-seek for 30 minutes now...which would be fun except our apartment is only 900 sq feet. You can imagine that there are only so many hiding places. To make it even more fun...Jackson ALWAYS hides in the same place and I can always hear Sydney giggling the moment I say "where are Jackson and Sydney?" I'm glad their entertained by so little.

Actually though, I can top that. I took the kids with me to the dr's a couple weeks ago and Jackson wanted me to "find him" while he was in his stroller underneath a blanket. Perhaps he's confusing hide-and-seek and peek-a-boo.

In the cold, snowy weather I have got a lot of projects done...including my mom's Christmas present (which I won't describe in detail in case she reads this) and reading "Twilight." I really enjoyed the book, though I pretty much ignored my kids for a whole day to finish it. It's one of those books. I'm anxious to read the next one, but I think I'll wait till after Jake finishes finals so I'm not abandoning my kids again.

I'm thinking today might be an "order a pizza for dinner" day...though I feel bad making the pizza guy deliver in this. But maybe not that bad.

Comments

Cheryl J. said…
So sorry Jen! Hurry and get the SNOW and COLD out of the way so we get decent weather when we arrive in NYC.

I can't believe we will be there in a few short weeks!
Celeste said…
It snowed here, too - -but not the yucky stuff you got! YOU MUST finish the twilight series!!! YOU MUST!!! I was the same...just let the kids watch movies all day while I read -- it was SOOOO worth it!
Pam Jorgensen said…
You're welcome for Twilight and all the friends you have that will come out of the Twilight closet.

I'm telling you...come to AZ! Nice at 65 yesterday. Not to brag...well, yeah, a little bragging.

Popular Posts