Missing Summer



The cold has settled in and unfortunately so have I. I feel like we've just been grounded and won't be allowed to leave our apartment for another 3 months. It's not that I hate the cold, though I do not really LOVE it, I just hate that living here I have to not only tolerate it but embrace it to get anything done. In most places, you endure the cold to get from your house to your car, then await the warmth of the heater and the Christmas tunes on the radio. Not so here. We have to bundle up and walk in the cold, snow and ice just to get food...not to mention laundry, attending church, and going to do anything fun. The city is so beautiful at Christmastime, but I sure miss the warmth of Spring and Summer and the kids are missing the hours on the playground. Here are a couple of my favorite photos from this summer...in honor of "Flashback Friday."

Comments

Pam Jorgensen said…
C'mon...you know you want to move by me here in AZ!! We finally got cold today, it went below 60! Although just 2 days ago it was in the 80's. You should come out here for a couple of weeks and get out of the cold.
krysta said…
Those are great pictures! Does NY get inversion like UT? Maybe there is one thing to be thankful for this winter... Good air quality?
Let's be online buddies...or on phone. I don't like going out in the cold. It's always windy and it bites! But I am sorry about the car thing. If it makes you feel any better we DID NOT save a bunch of money on our Geico auto insurance.

Popular Posts