Santaland at Macy's


After living here for 2 Christmases, we finally decided to bite the bullet and head to the Santaland at Macy's. I've always heard that it's wonderful, but you have to wait forever. With Thanksgiving coming so early this year, Santa came early too. So we beat the rush and went on Friday. It was so fun! The kids loved Santaland, but were terrified of Santa. I really don't blame them...he is kind of a weird looking character, but I will continue to encourage them to sit on a strange, fat man's lap every year at Christmas just to get that one perfect picture! OH, and btw, the elves that guide you through Santaland are creepy and weird. The one lady who directed us to Santa kept getting in Sydney's face and asking her name and how old she was. I told the elf that Sydney didn't talk, but she kept persisting in her creepy little voice. Sydney dug her nails in tighter and tighter. All I could think of was..."HO...HO...HO"... a la Christmas Story.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Oh Jen, it looks so fun! I'm sorry it's so crazy having to stay inside. I'm cooped up too, only it's SO quiet. I'm sure you'd like to switch, but I'm not sure it's any better.
You can send Jackson over here in the mail...I could use a toddler to replace Feral. ;)
Pam Jorgensen said…
Wow! That post was sensory overload for me...I can only imagine what it was like for the kids!
Seriously... said…
jen, i need to call you.....not really a need i guess, just a want. It's just been a while. hope you're having fun in NY. We're cold in cleveland.
kendra
krysta said…
These pictures are so magical! I feel like I am seeing snap shots of some big christmas movie. How fun.

Popular Posts