Joy School Update

This week it's MY turn to teach Joy School. This was going to be my acid test for whether or not to keep Jackson in or not. Now I get it that kids act differently when their parents are around, but if by chance Jackson were to behave even CLOSE to the way he did yesterday when anyone else was trying to teach I would be MORTIFIED! He was awful. He was running laps around the room, hiding under chairs, stealing my teaching props...just terrible. Well, I shouldn't even say that...he was being a rambunctious 2 year old and everyone else in the room wasn't.

Anyway, the decision has been made. I think it's just too early to expect this behavior from him so I'm going to pull him out. I wish we could do a group with some younger kids, but none of the moms of the kids his age really wanted to do it. Maybe I can talk them into something after the first of the year. I'm just not going to put Jackson or I through the stress of it any more. I'm teaching again tomorrow and will assist in the classroom next Tuesday so we'll continue till then so we don't throw anyone else off.

Even if he acts a lot better when I'm not there, I'm always going to be worried that he will behave the way he did with me. He's not a bad kid, just energetic. I don't want to get so stressed about this that I try to fix something that's not really broken.

Comments

krysta said…
I think you made a good decision for Jackson. Maybe you could find out why the other moms aren't as interested. Perhaps a simplified version of Joyschool would be more inviting of an idea.

Popular Posts