Jackson's Playdate with Violet Affleck

It may be "uncouth" for me to walk up to a celebrity and invade their privacy while they're trying to have a normal life, but when my kid is playing with their kid it's not completely inappropriate. Today at the Children's Museum, Jennifer Garner walked in with her daughter, Violet. I was completely enamored--watching her out of the corner of my eye everywhere she went. It's not like a "girl crush" thing, I just get giddy when I have these celebrity sightings. This was my biggest one yet and she was standing right by my friends and I for an hour! We watched our kids playing and Jackson was playing near Violet and suddenly, they were alone on their side of the sand table. They exchanged a few looks and toys, finally Jackson grabbed a toy from her. Oh the horror! At least it didn't haul off and hit her with the metal watering can. A few minutes later Sydney was crawling in the middle of the area and I picked her up. Jennifer asked me how old Sydney was and I told her, then she commented that Sydney was cute and continued talking to her sister. I said thank you and thought it would be a little weird if I talked to her about Violet since if it were anyone else and I suddenly knew their child's name and approx. age it would be weird. Anyway, I wish Jackson would've attempted to make friends...then there would've been an opportunity to chat. What in the world would I chat with her about?? Later I saw her on her cell phone...was she talking to Ben?!

Comments

krysta said…
Sista, Whereeeee was your camera???? Posts like these need pictures. Allthough that would have been weird, you taking pictures like the pop. It reminds me of Hollywood Blvd. Were you there when we were posing for the camera, which was actually taking a picture of that shemale.?. Remember how all her clothes were the same brand? Anf he/she was very old?
krysta said…
VERY cute hair in that family picture to the right. I really like your bangs.
Seriously... said…
You could have played dumb...and asked how old her daughter was....and then you guys could have had a conversation...then invite her to a play date, then eventually you'd be best friends! K...i just had a little mini-day-dream for you. I'm proud of your for spotting her. I'm horrible at recognizing celebs, I probably would have missed it.
That's SO cool!! What was her personality like? Jackson will love that story when he's older! I wouldn't know what to say either. Lucky duck!
Doney Days said…
What a cool story! I would have been star struck too. I really like Jennifer Garner, a lot more then J-Lo! Too bad you couldn't snap a quick pic, but I think I would have been too afraid!
Skousen # 4 said…
Oh I love your face. I wish that we were going to see each other this month. I love your pics.
Cheryl J. said…
So Fun! Don't you just love New York? BTW...we are coming for New Year's Eve (I got the tickets!)

Popular Posts