Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

Today I did it...I literally spilled the milk...everywhere. Every time I open the fridge the kids come running...Jackson grabbing for the cheese or chocolate syrup and Sydney grabbing for the Capri Suns. I was attempting to make my strawberry pretzel salad today and had the huge concoction on a shelf in the fridge setting up. I was trying to keep the kids away from the fridge because I knew it would get bumped and splash everywhere. Jackson asked me for some chocolate milk so I opened the door very carefully and took out the milk and chocolate syrup. Both kids made a b-line for the refrigerator door. I quickly shut it and asked them to leave. Then as I attempted to put the milk back, again they ran so I tried to slip the milk in an almost closed door. I dropped it. The plastic gallon split down the side and milk spewed everywhere. Then, backing away from the "explosion" I hit the freshly poured glass of milk and it went all over the counter. I was so mad! I immediately screamed for the kids to LEAVE THE KITCHEN! I was so flustered with all the milk everywhere that I just wanted to cry. I started slamming cupboard doors and mumbling to myself. Sydney was crying and wanted to be held because I had yelled at her. Meanwhile, Jackson stood at the edge of the kitchen and said, "Mom, you just need to talk more softly...you need to just CALM DOWN. It's just a mess and you can just clean it up." (He uses the word "just" a lot.) He later came back and asked me how the kitchen was coming. He's such a funny kid and it was so funny to hear him use my words on me. I'm glad he was able to keep a cool head. What I'm really scared about is that there is milk still hiding in some crevasse of my kitchen that will smell in a couple days. Ugh...then it will bring back all those wonderful memories of the spilled milk.

Comments

Oh Jen, I've had those days. Jackson sure makes me laugh. He's just a smart kid...just a funny kid, just quick and just cool-headed. :) (I am now craving strawberry pretzel salad.) Mmmmmmmmm
Skousen # 4 said…
Oh what a headache. It seems that they try to find things that will drive you crazy and they go for it. Jessica will find any opportunity to get into the cupboards and eat everything see can find. I feel for you.
krysta said…
I was asked today if I wanted my bottom spanked!?! We ALL have those moments, and heaven help us, those days.
I would like the recipe for this salad, please.

Popular Posts