15 Day To Go!!!

In case you haven't noticed the weird, eerie baby floating on the right column of this blog, we're getting REALLY close to baby time here! I had another big day of dr. visits yesterday...none of which were really helpful, but they do put my mind at ease that everything is ok. Baby is measuring about 7 lbs. (which is about the 80th percentile--so, big, but not too big) and mommy is dilated 1 cm. As of yesterday, the dr. is planning to induce the morning of March 27th, but the tests next week could potentially move up the date. If baby gets into the 90th percentile, they'll induce right away.

As for me, I'm feeling very pregnant. It's getting harder and harder to walk up and down the stairs and I've taken to using Jackson's "robot hand" to pick up stuff around the house. We still get out quite often for sanity's sake, but if it weren't for the 2 little terrors running around this tiny apartment, I'd probably be content laying in bed a lot more!

As a side note, Jackson and Sydney seem to be handling all this very well. They went with me yesterday to all the dr. appointments and got to hear and see their little sister. They were more concerned with what was being done to me, but Jackson was amazed to see baby's eye on the sonogram and baby's ribs, or stripes. Jackson was a great support...he stood by me and held my hand during the non-stress test and the sonogram. I think he would be great to have in the delivery room because he makes the funniest comments that keep me smiling...but I wouldn't want all the blood and stuff to freak him out. Yeah...we'll probably let him stay home with grandma.

After 3 appointments in 3 hours, we were waiting to be called to have the sonogram done. After making everyone in the waiting room uncomfortable because Jackson spilled his water and Sydney was screaming after falling out of her chair, I made the kids get in the stroller so I could push them around the halls...hoping they'd fall asleep. No such luck...Jackson got out to RUN through the halls while I chased him, pleading him to get back in the stroller. Finally, someone came out and called my name. Jackson promptly jumped in the stroller and said, "Let's rock and roll, baby!" My sentiments exactly!

Comments

Oh good times! I never understood as a kid, but now I know why my Mom rarely took all 8 of us anywhere. Much better to have the scratching fights, the hair pulling and chasing with brooms done in the privacy of home. Good luck!!
Pam Jorgensen said…
You are awesome Jen! I'm so excited for you and your many adventures coming up! Wish I could come out and help with any part of it.
P.S. we started a Cleon/Jewel family blog.
http://cj50.blogspot.com/
I think Jake got the email to be a contributor, but I can send it you too.
Doney Days said…
Oh, that makes me tired! I'm so glad you're almost done and that everything looks good for the baby. Do you have a name picked out?

Popular Posts