Baby Update

I'm officially into my 30th week now. Baby girl is moving ALL OVER the place! She's gotten her feet up into my ribs and is playing some sort of sport with my bladder. All fun parts of pregnancy that I sort of enjoy, in a weird way. It's always comforting to feel the baby moving, knowing she's alive and well.

Last week we had another ultrasound where they checked the baby's growth. Because of my diabetes, I'm more likely to have an abnormally large baby (Jackson was 9 lbs., Sydney 10lbs., both at 38 weeks) so they like to monitor growth closely. So far, so good with this one. She's measuring at about 3 lbs. so that means she's only in the 60th percentile. If this growth continues, I'll be able to carry her to 38 weeks. If the growth spikes, they'll induce me earlier.

It's so hard to believe that this pregnancy will be over in just 8 weeks and we'll have a new little girl in our house! I'm so excited and completely overwhelmed at the thought. It's truly amazing that in 3 short years, we've managed to bring 3 amazing little miracles into the world. Jackson and Sydney are such fun and interesting little people. They definitely have their own distinct personalities. I can't wait to meet and get to know this little girl!

No names have really stuck yet. We're still kicking around a lot of the same ones we did with both of the other kids (before we knew Jackson was a boy). Because of last time, being determined on either Savannah or Paige and then choosing Sydney, I'm not too stressed about the name thing. We'll take our lists and all, but ultimately, I think we'll go off of our feelings once we meet this little one. I sure wish she could just whisper a name in our ears or something, but I'm hoping at least something just feels right.

I can already tell that Sydney is going to be an amazing big sister. She's a big sister to Jackson in that she tries to help me change his diapers and goes to get his pajamas & shoes when I ask him to do it. She just already shows those "mothering" qualities and I'm absolutely sure she will use them on this little girl. It will be fun to watch, though I'm sure I'll have to give her some "constructive criticism" on her techniques. :)

I feel so blessed to have these kids. There was always something in the back of my head that wondered whether I'd be able to have my own kids because of my diabetes and yet here we are on #3 in 3 years! Who knows if we'll be able to do it again, but I am so grateful for the ones we have! I know it's going to be hard to have 3 so young, but I'd rather have that than none at all and I'm positive in the years to come the kids will benefit having each other as friends and confidants.

Comments

I'm so excited for you! Your kids are so cute! Sydney sounds like such a girl, I wish we could come visit you sometime soon. :)
I am so jealous! We're still trying to get baby #2 here! (I think our kids see what they're into and need some convincing.) I had gestastional diabetes and it was no fun! In fact, to even get pregnant I have to take a high dose of Metformin - do you take that? They are so worth it! I hope you guys can have a whole clan!
Navneeth said…
Awesome..Once they grow up, you guys cn form a basketball team :P :D

Popular Posts