MO sweet MO!

Over the MLK holiday weekend, Jake and I decided to take a trip to Missouri to visit my family. We missed seeing family at Christmas and the kids were in desperate need of time out of the city, with grandparents to spoil them. And spoil them they did! My mom and dad are so great and giving them tons of attention and loving them to pieces. Needless to say, when I told Jackson it was time to go back to New York, he protested saying "I don't WANT to go back to Yew Nork...I just wanna stay at Grandma & Grandpa's house and play with Aryn and Braden!!" I hated to think that I agreed with him...when I was this far along in my pregnancy with Sydney we were already living with my parents while Jake was doing his internship with the Orscheln legal department. It was hard to think about coming back here and pushing the stroller through the streets of Manhattan 8 months pregnant! But we're back, and life is back to normal and all is well, though not quite as comfortable as my parents' home!

While in MO we got to see my niece, Andrea, crowned as the MHS (my alma mater) Courtwarming Queen. She is such a great girl! She's an example to me of the girl I wish I'd been in high school. She is friends with everyone and never compromises her standards. It's truly amazing to watch...and others notice too--as shown by her accomplishments, namely Student Body President and Courtwarming Queen! Way to go Andrea! I'm so proud of you!

We also got to go swimming with my parents at the new Moberly YMCA. Moberly is certainly up and coming...an indoor pool?!!! I could only DREAM of such luxuries when I lived there! It's wonderful that the Orscheln family and others have donated so much to the community to make that possible.

My niece, Aryn, was such a big help with the kids while we were there. Both Jackson and Sydney LOVED playing with her and she never seemed to tire, even though she's 6+ years older than both of them!

We also had a fun celebration of Jake's birthday, complete with mom's famous lemon cake. It did not disappoint...YUM!!

The last pic is of Jackson and Sydney on the airplane. Jackson is becoming a great big brother. Here, he's holding Sydney so they can look out the window together at the lights of NYC as we fly in. He was so proud of being able to hold her.

Anyway, thanks to mom and dad for helping to make the trip possible and for all the long car trips to come get us and take us to the airport! Thanks for always making us feel so welcome and loved. We love you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts