Pregnancy Update

I don't think I've really even mentioned anything about my pregnancy since announcing the event, but it's definitely not something easily forgotten...especially with my growing belly. I don't remember getting this big this quickly with the other two, but I feel enormous! I'm 27 1/2 weeks now so I guess I'm pretty far along, but it still seems so far away. Well, that was until last week when the dr. told me that she is VERY conservative with her diabetic patients and usually induces closer to 36 weeks than 38 weeks. Now it's starting to feel a LOT sooner because that's 8 1/2 weeks away. WHOA!

Everything seems to be going well though. I feel her move all over the place all the time. She's definitely very active at this point, which is actually a blessing because it puts my mind at ease. Also, she's not so crammed in there yet that she's bouncing on my organs. I'm having more Braxton-Hicks contractions than I remember with the other two, but that could be that I just know what they feel like now and didn't notice them before. I am a little nervous to see how I hold up trying to keep up my normal schedule as delivery time gets closer. By this time with Sydney we were living in Missouri and happily driving a car wherever we went. Walking isn't always the most comfortable thing when you're hiding a beach ball in your belly.

I guess I should've been taking pictures of my progress all along so I could have some pictures to compare to, but unlike my sister-in-law Brittany, I don't plan to be 8 months prego in every family photo! ;) Actually, I think I'm just more self-conscious of getting big this time because it seems to be happening so much more quickly. One of my friends at church here is due 1 week after me and you can't even tell she's pregnant! Sure, she's a "skinny mini" and this is her first baby, but it still makes me feel like a whale!

Heidi asked me yesterday if people can tell I'm pregnant yet. Well...here's a resounding YES to that question!

Comments

I think you look so cute pregnant! I wish I could see you in real life, but blogging is the next best thing. :) So Mrs. Busy Bee, I'm waiting for my phone to ring.
Doney Days said…
You look so cute Jen! I can't believe how fast it's coming. My sister, Melissa is due at the end of March. We were talking with Grandma at Christmas and were trying to figure out how many great-grandchildren there will be by her 90th birthday in August. It will be close. We're in the 80's somewhere! Can you believe it??
Pam Jorgensen said…
You're such a cutie prego woman!!
Pam Jorgensen said…
Oh! and "hiding a beach ball"? More like hiding a watermelon! beach balls aren't heavy enough for that metaphor
HIJK Skousen said…
I love the belly!! Thanks so much for posting it! It is fun envisioning it! I wish I could be with you and share such exciting times. Can't wait to meet the little munchkin and see you too!! LOTS OF LOVE!
krysta said…
You look beautiful! Before you know it you are going to be a mama of 3!! Enjoy these next few weeks, I am sure they will race by.

Popular Posts