Happy Valentine's Day

I think I've overused the "I'm pregnant" excuse...but maybe by adding the "I have a 3 year old and a 1 and a half year old AND I'm pregnant" I can stretch it out a little bit longer. Anyway, I did not send out one Valentine this year. It also doesn't help that my mom's birthday is the day before and my son's birthday is the day after. I did, however, get my sweetheart a Valentine, so I guess that's what's most important. Anyway, to all those who I would've loved to have sent a cute, creative Valentine to, aka everyone who reads my blog, I'm sorry and I hope you had a great Valentine's day despite the missing greeting from us.


That being said, we did have a fun party today. Our ward playgroup usually meets on Thursdays and it's been fizzling out lately, but I resuscitated it today for a Valentine's/Birthday bash. With the help of some really great friends I was able to pull off a fun party. I brought cupcakes for everyone to frost and decorate and lots of construction paper, glue, craft scissors, colored pencils, beads, etc. for an art project. The kids had a ball! Jackson was so excited to play with his friends. He loves the little girls in our ward--Eve Rich, Hannah Thompson, Selah Barth and Brooklynn John. Today he only had 1 boy to help him with all the gals...Henry Gubler. I'm glad at this age they don't seem to care too much about gender.


After the party, the kids crashed in the stroller and I proceeded to the grocery store to get stuff to make a dinner for us and a friend in the ward who just had a baby. I had a fancy steak dinner planned but our dinner guests postponed due to a sick kid...so the steaks are still chilling and will be enjoyed on Saturday.

I made a complete spectacle of myself at the grocery store. Usually if I have the kids with me in the stroller I try to balance food throughout the stroller along with steadying a small shopping basket on my arm. Today I was already exhausted and the stroller was packed with party stuff so I decided to use the train method...meaning I pushed a shopping cart and pulled the stroller behind. I got several looks and glares and a couple understanding comments. Maybe in a Super Wal-Mart or such mega store this wouldn't be such a big deal, but my stroller barely fits through the aisles, so you can imagine the commotion I was creating. Anyway, 30 minutes later we paid for our groceries to be delivered and headed home.

Upon arriving home, I set to making dinner and the kids were occupied coloring Valentines for their dad. Suddenly Jackson announces, "Mommy, I'm dripping." Yes, his first accident since the first day of potty training. Luckily he was on a vinyl chair so the mess was easy to clean up. It was frustrating, but I sent him off to sit on the potty just to be sure it was all out. Shortly thereafter he came out to announce that he had POOPED on the potty! YAY!!! This is a milestone! I certainly don't expect this to be the end of the battle...but we've definitely gotten over a huge hurdle.

So tomorrow my #1 baby turns THREE! Amazing. But we will save all those feelings for tomorrow. A pregnant woman can only take so much! :)

Comments

#A5 said…
jen, i've been catching up on all your posts and this one made me laugh (and cringe- i'm looking rough in that picture!) but mostly laugh- i can't believe you were successful with the shopping cart AND stroller!! as though you didn't already, you now have my eternal respect and awe. and hooray for jackson's conquering the potty! such a huge, happy deal and just in time!

Popular Posts