Jackson's Day

We spent the day today doing things Jackson loves. Jake got up with him this morning and they put together a pine wood derby type car that Jackson got from one of his friends. (They still have to paint it...so pictures to come!) Then we ate breakfast and watched "Tom & Jerry." After he was satisfied with that, we headed to Manhattan to Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man. Earlier today I was describing it to a friend as being kind of like "Willy Wonka" for kids because they have chocolate everywhere. Funny enough, our bus boy was a little person. I'm sure people make Oompa Loompa jokes at his expense. Then again, how could a little person work there and NOT make the association.


Anyway, Jackson loves to go there because one of the desserts they have is "Urban S'mores" where they bring a little bunson burner to your table and you toast marshmallows. They serve it with dipping chocolate, raspberry sauce, and graham crackers. He had a ton of fun cooking over the fire and Jake and I had a "great" time trying to keep the kids from killing themselves with the little skewers. As documented in the picture, I was covered with "Sydney goo" by the end. We all had fun though.




After THAT, we went to Toys R Us in Times Square to let Jackson pick out a birthday present. Jake and I are wary to buy him more toys because he already has a bunch. So we wanted to get him just one thing that he'd really love. After scouring the entire store and being scared by the giant animatronic T-rex dinosaur several times, he chose a set of 4 Matchbox airplanes. Sydney and I ooo-ed and ahhh-ed over all the babies and then we came home.

The kids laid down for quick naps while Jake and I made dinner and finished the birthday cake. Jake decorated the cake again this year and I think it turned out amazingly well! Jackson was a little upset to see one of his new airplanes on the cake...concerned that he wouldn't get to play with it. But once we assured him he got to KEEP the airplane, he was excited.



Luckily, Jackson got several fun presents from his grandparents. We're grateful to them for making his birthday special!



Jackson's funniest comment of the day: After being told to take the claw Jake's hammer out of his mouth he said, "This hammer sure is making me hungry."

Comments

Cute pictures!! I love that huge t-rex. I can hear it clear as day. "Di-sau wobot!!!" Poor little Jackson
HIJK said…
Happy Birthday Jackson!! I can't believe your little one is 3!! Wow! That is so amazing and it seems impossible for him to already be that old. Teenage years will be here before we know it. Loves and Hugs for your whole family. We miss you!!
Cheryl J. said…
Happy Birthday Jackson! I can't believe he's three. I also can't believe you are about to have three kids three and under...LOL

Tell Jake that was ONE COOL CAKE! Very impressive.

I hope you are all doing well!

Love ya!
Skousen # 4 said…
He looks so much like you. What a great kid. I want to squish Jakes head into the cake.

Popular Posts