My baby is THREE!!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005, this fat little guy entered our life and changed it forever. I hardly remember what life was like before his arrival. I do remember getting a lot more sleep and seeing a lot more movies...but I forget the rest. It's all been crowded out by all the "wonderful" that Jackson has brought into our lives.
Jackson has such an independent spirit. Sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy. Other times, I admire him so much. He is a smart, inquisitive boy...always asking questions. Today walking home from the subway he said, "Mom, tell me about my skull and my bones and my throat." I hesitated, not really knowing what to say to that because it was such a broad topic, and he quickly added, "Tell me! I'm waiting..." I couldn't help but laugh. So I summed up something about his neck and spine and muscles and swallowing...the said..."Ask daddy." (Evidently Jake was the same way as a child so I don't feel too bad defaulting to him!)

Jackson is still my little baby. He loves to cuddle in the mornings and always tells me, "Mommy, you're so comfy." It's so strange to watch him grow up and think that someday he's going to be a TEENAGER!!! UGH!! He loves hugs and kisses (and handshakes, recently) and always asks for his "owies" to be kissed better...and thanks me afterwards, reporting that it feels MUCH better.

He's already a tease like his dad. Today he was walking in front of me really slowly on purpose and he would weave back and forth to stay in front of me as I would try to go around him to hurry him up. Such a Jacob trick!

He's a great big brother to his sister Sydney. He has loved her since the day they met here on earth. The moment he saw her laying in the NICU he exclaimed " MY BABY!" and immediately wanted to hug and kiss her. He loves to tease her but is also very protective of her, often telling Jake and I that "we have to be nice to Sydney because she's our sister" and "don't you yell at my sister!" I'm excited to see his reaction to the new baby.

Jackson has more energy than most kids I know. I'm sure this will make for problems later when he's expected to "behave" in school, but I try not to see this energy as a bad thing. I remind myself that he's passionate and happy and excited about life and I can't take that away from him.

Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson! We love you!

Comments

Doney Days said…
I can't believe he's 3! What cute pictures of him growing up! Happy Birthday Jackson!
What a cute idea to post pictures of each birthday! He is so cute! I love his teasing...and the question about skulls and his throat...SO like his dad. :)
Pam Jorgensen said…
Carson actually reverted back to his old ways and yelled, "Gasson!" when he saw these pix. Then he got mad at Jackson for not "biting" (inviting) him to his party. I tried to explain...but his 3 year old heart has been broken.
alysha said…
I was so confused when I read this post's title. I had to read through the first paragraph to get that you meant Jackson was three not baby number three was here. I thought it seemed really early, but stranger things have happened.
Happy late B-day Jackson, and wish we could have been there to celebrate!

Popular Posts