Tagged again

I've been tagged by Celeste Grover, so here it is:

Rules: Answer each question about yourself, then tag 5 people by posting their names and leaving them a comment on their blog.

10 Years Ago: I was attending BYU in Provo, UT. (Making me feel REALLY old, because I feel like those days weren't that long ago!) Hmmm...1998. I don't remember much significant going on...I was probably still trying to decide what to major in, though I was already a jr. I think at that point I was still a math teaching major...then switched to Sociology/Management. I was living at King Henry and moved to the Avenues later that year.

Things On My To Do List Tomorrow: Potty-train Jackson, clean, potty-train Jackson, clean, maybe go to the park if the weather is descent, then potty-train Jackson, then clean, oh yeah--dinner (I think I forgot to make lunch), then bathe kids, read books, to bed (after potty-training Jackson one last time), then more cleaning. Oh yeah, and in any spare moment, help Jake find some law firms in CA, organize our office area, work on family photo book, do financial reports for my brother's company, and think of something to do for Jackson's birthday.

Snacks I enjoy: Diet Coke, Cherry Coke Zero (I'm diabetic, so sugar free beverages are a favorite), chocolate covered mint oreos, Honey Crisp apples, PB&J, cupcakes, frosted sugar cookies, any kind of "dough", Green & Black's Maya Gold chocolate, Grande Iced Lemon Slice (pound cake) from Starbucks, the list could go on forever...

What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire? I guess first we'd have to take care of all our student loans, and we'd help our families pay off all their debts so that none of us are a slave to anyone! Then I'd buy us a nice place to live in CA with a fun workspace for Jake to do projects and a place for me to buy all the crafty stuff I want! I guess we'd need a couple cars since we don't have any cars and will need at least one when we move. Then I'd probably purchase a share in an airplane so we could fly to see family whenever we want. Then we'd put the rest away into some high-yielding investment so that we and our kids and our kids' kids (etc) can live off of the interest for years to come. Oh yes...and I'd take a really fabulous vacation somewhere tropical at one of those resorts where they cater to your every whim!

3 Of My Bad Habits: Only 3?? (1) For sure going to bed too late...I ALWAYS regret it in the morning, but find so much to do at night. (2) Procrastination. (I'll write more about this later.) (3) TV -- it's such a fun escape at night to watch a show or movie or anything besides cleaning my house!

5 places I have lived: Moberly, MO; Provo, UT; Salt Lake City, UT; Sandy, UT; Brooklyn, NY

Jobs that I have had: Several office assistant-type jobs at Orscheln during high school; Membership assistant at KBYU; Data entry for some company that entered info from library cards into a computer data base; "team member" at Einstein's bagels and Eddie Bauer; 2 short stints as a summer nanny in Boulder, CO and Provo, UT; Stylist at Jungle Red Salon; Sales manager at Creating Keepsakes Magazine; Office Manager at PartNET; Currently, wife, mom, and bookkeeper for my brother's company, National Pearl.

Things most people don’t know about me: I'm pretty shy and insecure until I really get to know someone...something I developed during college, I really plan on having plastic surgery after I have all my kids...and we have the money for it, I'm an online shopaholic...I fill up several baskets at online stores on a regular basis, but never really buy anything because we're poor...and most of it is stuff I don't need...just really, really like.


I tag Cheryl, Pam, Heidi, Brittany & Tricia.

Comments

Pam Jorgensen said…
I love how you mention your diabetes and say "sugar free beverages are a favorite" but then go on to mention a plethora for sugar-filled snacks!! So funny! Probably more funny to me cuz your diabetic brother/my husband does the same thing!!!
Skousen # 4 said…
Ok Jen I did it baby.
HIJK Skousen said…
I did it too!! Great posts!! Can't believe what a crazy life style it is to live in NY. Love ya!
Pam Jorgensen said…
done now...had to give my post on Pres Monson some uninterrupted time at the top of my blog.

Popular Posts