The Writing on the Wall

Jake and I take turns being "good cop, bad cop" with the kids. Usually I have to be good cop after he's gotten mad at the kids, but occasionally Jake gets to be the good guy. The other night I was the first to arrive on the scene, finding Jackson had desecrated the wall with pencils. I immediately started to yell...frustrated that not only were the kids NOT asleep, but there was scribbling all over the wall and the outside of Sydney's freshly washed crib. Running into the room and seeing the excitement on Jackson's face crushed as I yelled, Jake quickly intervened and asked Jackson what he'd drawn, a rocket, and calmly explained that though it was a LOVELY rocket, we only draw on paper...not on walls. Thank goodness for Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Comments

Skousen # 4 said…
Oh how many times this has happened to us. Don't feel bad I have torture children to. Must be a Skousen thing.

Popular Posts