Children's Museum


Sometimes I forget how fun my kids are. It seems like the past month or so I haven't done much just for them. We've been so consumed with dr's appointments and just the day to day stuff that I haven't indulged their need to be creative and imaginative and just be kids.



Tuesday I had yet another dr's appointment in Manhattan and schlepped the kids along with me. I knew the appointment would be short and thought maybe we could do something together afterwards. Also, I like to save the days I try to find someone to watch them for those marathon days of 2-3 appointments.

After the appointment we walked 23 short blocks and 3 long blocks to get to the Children's Museum of Manhattan. We've been there before and even bought a membership because it's kinda pricey ($27 every time we go--as opposed to the $100 membership). In fact, if you recall from a previous post, it's where Jackson played with Violet Affleck! Anyway, long story short...we need to go there more often. The kids had a BLAST and we didn't even look at all the exhibits. There's one room there that has a sand table, a craft table, a puzzle table, a chalk board, a fire engine, a grocery store (for kids, with fake food), a bus, a factory, a slide, and an infant discovery zone. That's where we spent 99% of the time. We were there for about 3 hours and Jackson was literally sweaty from running around so much. Sydney loved it too. They just let loose and wore themselves out. It was so great!


I love doing things like this. It reminds me how fun and creative my kids are! Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day crap that my life becomes about keeping them busy and entertained instead of watching them learn and grow and have fun!

Comments

They look like they are having so much fun! What a great idea!
Pam Jorgensen said…
Your kiddos are so cute! Carson asks everyday if Jackson can come and play.

Popular Posts